Views Reply Votes
Greg Lipsit
Greg
How to export costed BOM to Excel? (Enterprise 2.9.1.36)
0 (0 Votes)
Posted: Jun 16, 2017   
Votes
Raymond Chin Kwie Joe
Raymond
Replied 
The various costs are visible in the cost record. Material Cost Lower level, Labor Costs this Level and Lower Level etc.. (sct_det). Obviously this is not exactly what you are looking for. Are you planning a cost roll up in excel or what exactly is the kind of information you are trying to get?
0 (0 Votes)
Replied: Jun 21, 2017
Votes
Greg Lipsit
Greg
Replied 

Yes.  Want to be able to perform roll up with subtotals at each level and subsequent analysis in Excel. 

Thanks for your response.

0 (0 Votes)
Votes
Phill Norrey
Phill
Replied 

The quickest way would be to just run the standard QAD indented cost report (13.12.4) and in the output field just put your name or something easy to recognize.  This will tell you it is not a printer but when you run it the system will create for you an ascii file in your home directory.

You can then open this in excel and format the columns.  Sometimes this can be a little messy but with this report the columns are set up nicely to do this with.

The other option is to modify the rport to create an excel output, or to create a browse.

0 (0 Votes)
Votes
Greg Lipsit
Greg
Replied 
Thanks, Phil.  Yes, "messy" is quite an understatement.  I will give your suggested approach a try.
0 (0 Votes)
Votes
Phill Norrey
Phill
Replied 

I usually pull everything into a single column and then use the "text to coulmn" function.  That way I can control the format of the columns.  For example if you have a part number that begins with 0, eg: 012345.  If you just pull it in it will display as 12345, but if you change the column format to text it will display 012345

This report is already in a pretty clean format so it should be fairly easy to clean up

0 (0 Votes)
Forums
All
Forum Help
Help Using Forums