Pam
collection notes
0 (0 Votes)
Posted: Jan 11, 2016   
Votes
Bob Carter
Bob
Replied 
Pam, There is a tab on the Invoice labelled 'Comments'. You can keep collection notes there. There is also a way to include those notes when you run the Customer Invoice Aging reports. The methodology for this depends on what version of QAD EE you are using. In the latest versions there is just a Yes/No switch on the report selection filter.
0 (0 Votes)
Replied: Jan 11, 2016
Votes
Raymond Chin Kwie Joe
Raymond
Replied 
We also used a totally new concept to store information. As you know you can drag and drop documents on a menu screen (dotNET functionality). So we updated these documents and stored them with the menu. This way we were able to used WORD or EXCEL format. And now the tricky part.. depending on the QAD interface version and the installation of the interface (xml files), "drag and drop" and file security is working "excellent" or "less excellent". Good luck.
0 (0 Votes)
Replied: Jan 12, 2016
Votes
Pam Arndt
Pam
Replied 
Bob - we are using 2015 EE. the tab on the invoice labeled 'comments' is grayed out and I cannot access it. I am going through the customer activity dashboard if that makes a difference.
0 (0 Votes)
Replied: Feb 01, 2016
Votes
Bob Carter
Bob
Replied 
Pam, you need to be in Customer Invoice Modify for the Comments screen to be editable. It also may depend on what security access you have. If you normally can use Customer Invoice Modify directly from the menu then when jumping from the Customer Activity Dashboard to the invoice you are likely in 'view' mode. Find the tool bar at the top of Invoice View, click on 'Actions' and change to Modify. You should now be able to edit the Comments.
0 (0 Votes)
Votes
Pam Arndt
Pam
Replied 
thanks bob that worked.
0 (0 Votes)
Votes
Amanda Rose
Amanda
Replied 
When is the comments field no longer editable in Customer Invoice Modify?  I have the correct permissions, but for certain invoices, I cannot edit this comments field.   Is the field locked after invoice is paid?  Or entity closed?
0 (0 Votes)
Replied: Apr 12, 2019
Forums
All
Forum Help
Help Using Forums