Deb Wilson
Deb
Multiple prefixes for PO's
Posted: Jun 10, 2015   
Votes
Xavier Pechadre
Xavier
Replied 
Hello, We have the same problem for customer's orders. Our solution is to use the 36.2.21.1 to create a new number range ( POM or POC for you ). In PO maintenance, if you can add something like this v-chrono = "". {gprun.i ""gpnrmgv.p"" "(code_POM, input-output v-chrono, output errorst, output errornum)" } if errorst or v-chrono = "" then do: {pxmsg.i &MSGNUM=errornum &ERRORLEVEL=3} sonbr = input so_nbr. end. else sonbr = v-chrono. It's just an idea. Best regards.
Replied: Jun 12, 2015
Votes
Raymond Chin Kwie Joe
Raymond
Replied 
Xavier: If I type POM I get the next sequential number from the POM range, example: "POM123456" . If I type POC I get the next sequential number from the POC range, example "POC456789". Would that be the result of the solution you suggest?
Replied: Jun 12, 2015
Votes
Xavier Pechadre
Xavier
Replied 
Hello, in QADSE, you can only have one PO prefix at the same time ( popopm.p). Best regards.
Replied: Jun 15, 2015
Votes
Phill Norrey
Phill
Replied 
You cannot have two different prefix codes running automatically in QAD but you could use other fields to give you what you want. Reading your initial problem you say you have military and commercial suppliers. As long as these are different then you could use the supplier type to split it into two groups. If this is already in use then you would need another field. The easiest one to use if you do not have one available on the supplier is 2.9 list type and mark each military supplier with one code and commercial with another. then you would need a report that displays the information you need but allows you to select by the field you decide to group them with
Replied: Jun 17, 2015
Votes
Deb Wilson
Deb
Replied 
Thank you all for your information! It has been very helpful.
Replied: Jun 24, 2015
Forums
All
Forum Help
Help Using Forums