Raymond
Un freeze inventory records and delete 0 quantity 3.23
0 (0 Votes)
Posted: May 01, 2015   
Votes
Raymond Chin Kwie Joe
Raymond
Replied 
It seems that records from a previous conversion are not compatible with the zere qty delete/archive function (3.23). Running Inventory Balance Freeze (3.16.4) again will solve this issue. It is now possible to delete archive these records.
0 (0 Votes)
Replied: May 01, 2015
Votes
Phill Norrey
Phill
Replied 
Very simple. What happens is that when you create tags you have the option to include or exclude zero records. But when you freeze you don't. So the easiest way is to first delete any tags you have using 3.16.23. Then run 3.16.1 I always run this fully open for this purpose. MAKE sure include zero = YES. Then run 3.16.4. Finally run 3.16.23 again but just set posted only to NO. This process makes sure that every frozen record has a tag attached so when you delete them you will be able to run 3.23 and you will not get that message
0 (0 Votes)
Replied: May 04, 2015
Votes
Samantha Cesar
Samantha
Replied 

We too are having a similar problem in that everytime we run 3.23 we have part # with the message "Not deleted, frozen qty exists".  I have followed your above instructions and was able to delete the items with the message "Not deleted, frozen qty exists".  However, if we run 3.23 a few days later, more items with the message "Not deleted, frozen qty exists" appear on the output.  Therefore, how do we delete all parts with frozen qty so that I don't have to run the procedures that you outlined in your above reply?

0 (0 Votes)
Replied: Feb 18, 2019
Votes
Phill Norrey
Phill
Replied 
You will probably find these are different parts.  But because it could not make a match then it didn't pick this record.  I usually run the above process once a month and ignore the messages inbetween unless there is a need to remove them.
0 (0 Votes)
Replied: Feb 18, 2019
Forums
All
Forum Help
Help Using Forums