Raymond
Is it possible to make a Blanket Order for family items? (red/yellow/gree
0 (0 Votes)
Posted: Sep 11, 2012   
Votes
Phill Norrey
Phill
Replied 
No, you can't create a family item, but what you could do is create a part number for "peppers" and make the blanket for this. When you recieve the peppers in, just recieve them as peppers into an inspect location (so you can use status code to stop it being used for sales purposes). Then, you could use 3.12 to receive them in as red,green or yellow peppers and consume the "peppers". make sure you put the PO number into the sales/job field to simplify tracking. To make this even easier you could set up a very simple bill of materials that says 1 green pepper is made from 1 sweet pepper, and set up for red and yellow as well. You can then decide if you want to set up the colored peppers as purchased or manufactured. This way you can also get MRP to help you lood at requirements if you can go that far.
+1 (1 Vote)
Replied: Dec 03, 2012
Votes
Raymond Chin Kwie Joe
Raymond
Replied 
This is a very good suggestion: 1a. set-up 3 BOM's for Green/Red/Yellow pepper as parent and General pepper as component (Purchase item). (13.5) 1b. make item inventory status for receipt of general item (no colour determined pepper yet) to prevent usage of the general item. (pt_rctpo_status) 2b. Usage of 3.12 or WO back flush to transform the general pepper in the specific colour pepper. *This is even a good specification to write a customization* Now the next question is how to change prices after receipt, I think we need a new topic for that :-) (some kind of retro billing??)
0 (0 Votes)
Replied: Dec 05, 2012
Votes
Phill Norrey
Phill
Replied 
I think you misunderstood my comment about the status. What I meant was that you need to create a receipt location with an inventory status that stops the general pepper being used for sales (iss-so). I also assume from your last comment that the price is not fixed but is based on the type of peppers?
0 (0 Votes)
Replied: Dec 06, 2012
Votes
Raymond Chin Kwie Joe
Raymond
Replied 
No misunderstanding, just an extra addtion. Independant of a receipt location, I receive goods and during the receipt, the inventory status changes so now we have an inventory status that prohibits stock movement. And your last assumption is right.
0 (0 Votes)
Replied: Dec 06, 2012
Votes
Phill Norrey
Phill
Replied 
OK got it, you are using the receipt status on the part not the location, makes sense. Not a lot you can do about the cost change though. No matter what you pay it will always book to the GL at Standard. The difference will be PPV. However, what you could do is to set up the PL to use a different PPV for peppers so that any variance is kept seperate from other PPV's
0 (0 Votes)
Replied: Dec 14, 2012
Forums
All
Forum Help
Help Using Forums