Ton
Forecast - MRP
0 (0 Votes)
Posted: May 25, 2012   
Votes
Phill Norrey
Phill
Replied 

The answer depends on a number of settings.  for example Forward and backward consumption rules.  Was the order set up to consume forecast.  Was the SO in the same week as the forecast.  What planning rules you have set up etc

Just run MRP as normal and you will be fine.

If we assume that you only have one week of forecast and the order is in the same week then F/C for 100 MRP would tell you to make 100.

If SO was for 50 then it would consume 50 of the FC so MRP would tell you build 100.  50 for the S/O plus 50 for the remaining F/C

If the SO was for 150 this would consume the full forecast so MRP would tell you to make 150 for the S/O and nothing for the F/C because it has been fully consumed

0 (0 Votes)
Replied: May 25, 2012
Votes
Ton Bui Phu
Ton
Replied 

Depend on forecast result as that, I think I don't need to manage forecast information at all. Because of using quantity of sales order as net forecast.

For example:

step 1: forecast 0 -> MRP = 0

step 2: SO 50 -> MRP = 50

It is not good solution. I will check another process of QAD SE.

0 (0 Votes)
Replied: May 31, 2012
Votes
Ton Bui Phu
Ton
Replied 

It seem different from the way that you create POs or WOs after you run MRP.

run immediately after MRP or run accumulate from a lot of net change of MRP running.

0 (0 Votes)
Replied: Jun 19, 2012
Votes
Phill Norrey
Phill
Replied 

You are mixing SUPPLY with DEMAND

YOU create the demand (SO / FC) and the system suggests what you need to do to satisfy that demand.

Based on MRP you then create PO or WO to create a SUPPLY to satisfy the DEMAND.

The only exception to this is that a WO entered to satisfy a demand then creates a demand in itself for it's components.  So a the Parent of the WO is the SUPPLY but the components of the WO are now a DEMAND

0 (0 Votes)
Replied: Jun 21, 2012
Votes
Ton Bui Phu
Ton
Replied 
Hi All, Could you help me how to setting up QAD system? huhu When I run MRP. It is not consider to SO that has due date more than 90 days. Ex. I run MRP 20-09-2012. It is not consider to SO (21-12-2012)
0 (0 Votes)
Replied: Sep 19, 2012
Votes
Scott Dulecki
Scott
Replied 
Ton,

That sounds like your MRP horizon is set to 90 days in the MRP Control file. If you want MRP to look out farther, you need to increase the horizon.

Good luck.

Scott

0 (0 Votes)
Replied: Sep 27, 2012
Votes
Ton Bui Phu
Ton
Replied 
Yes Scott, MRP Horizon and Regenarate material Plans It is not use Net change material plans
0 (0 Votes)
Replied: Sep 27, 2012
Votes
Christian Meisel
Christian
Replied 
Hi Ton, I'm not sure if you solved this issue. 23.24 is for MRP Parameter settings. Christian
0 (0 Votes)
Replied: Oct 04, 2012
Forums
All
Forum Help
Help Using Forums