Samantha
Holiday Calendar impact on MRP
0 (0 Votes)
Posted: Apr 24, 2019   
Votes
Phill Norrey
Phill
Replied 
This only works for Manufactured parts.  And it will not affect WO's unless they still have a "P" status.  Look also at the Manf LT say it is 5 days. and has a due date of 5/9/19.  Look at the RELEASE date and you would see 5/2/19 (assuming it has 5 MLT)  now if we set 5/7/19 as a holiday it would move the Release date back a day because you would need more time to make the item as one of the working days is in the middle of the lead time.  If the due date falls on the holiday it will also move that.  Now if the part is Purchased it could affect the Due date but would not affect the release date because the lead time is based on calendar days not working days.  Also if the PO already exists or the WO is already Firm or Released it will not have any affect because you have already told the system to use that date.  But you would still have an action message telling you to expidite or dexpidite the order
0 (0 Votes)
Replied: Apr 25, 2019
Votes
Samantha Cesar
Samantha
Replied 

Thanks.  I didn't realize that holidays impact only Manufactured Items.  Is there anyway to setup a MRP Calendar so that holidays aren't calendar days and should be excluded from any MRP calculations?

0 (0 Votes)
Votes
Phill Norrey
Phill
Replied 
No.  the logic is very simple.  If the process is outside of your company, like purchasing then the system uses calendar days  If it is internal it uses working days.  This is because if it is outside your control you cannot have an impact on the days.  You can only control internal processes.  So to get this to work would be a major modification to the logic of QAD.
0 (0 Votes)
Votes
Tomaz Ranzinger
Tomaz
Replied 
You can also use supplier schedules for ordering items. There you can set up supplier calendars (non-working days, exceptions..) and then schedule update from MRP will consider those setings and will create correct PO.
0 (0 Votes)
Replied: Apr 26, 2019
Votes
Samantha Cesar
Samantha
Replied 
Thank you both.  When researching my question in QAD, I noticed that there was a Supplier Calendar Maintenance (QAD Menu #5.5.1.1) & Supplier Scheduled Order Maint (QAD Menu 5.5.1.13), but when I clicked on these menus, nothing happened.  This leads me to believe that we don't have a license to the QAD  programs where these menus reside
0 (0 Votes)
Replied: Apr 26, 2019
Votes
Phill Norrey
Phill
Replied 
Tomaz is correct but you would need to purchase the release management module.  Also schedules are very different and may not be suitable for your business
0 (0 Votes)
Replied: Apr 27, 2019
Forums
All
Forum Help
Help Using Forums