Rene
Sales order manual allocation allowed despite location setting
0 (0 Votes)
Posted: Apr 15, 2019   
Votes
Phill Norrey
Phill
Replied 
The flag is designed for the auto allocation process.  But also you may want to check how you have allocation logic set up in the SO control file.  You may be allowing it to allocate even when not enough inventory.  
0 (0 Votes)
Replied: Apr 15, 2019
Votes
Rene Balduk
Rene
Replied 

Hi Phil,

Thanks for reply. We have one site without WMS so you can only use manual allocations and not auto allocations. We linited allcocate to available only. We also set up locations for consignment, reservered locations and subcontract locations. Why is it allowed to allocate from these locations? So far I did not receive a firm statement.  I understand that it is a generic allocation and it will not be possilble when select detailed allocations. So far I am missing the added value of locations non available. 

0 (0 Votes)
Replied: Apr 16, 2019
Votes
Phill Norrey
Phill
Replied 
This flag is used whenever you run the autoallocate.  I was not aware that you could not run this for a single site if you have WMS.  I thought it still worked.  So for example, 7.1.6 is manual but 7.1.7 is automatic.  Also used by 7.9.1  BUT the most importnat setting is in 7.1.24  Make sure limit allocations to Available Only = YES.  That makes sure that the auto allocate does not over allocate.  BUT the whole logic of manual allocations is that YOU are making the decision.  It warns you but if you decide to override that warning then the choice is yours.  The logic is simply that if you are doing this manually then you want to ioverride the system, so it will WARN you not stop you.
0 (0 Votes)
Replied: Apr 16, 2019
Votes
John Ruch
John
Replied 
The location status code is the default status, but inventory in that location can have any status and the inventory status is what will determine if it can be detail allocated. Whether or not inventory adopts the location default status is determined by the user at the time of transfer. 
0 (0 Votes)
Replied: Apr 24, 2019
Votes
Rene Balduk
Rene
Replied 
It would have been clearer if selection "allow allocations" was added. At least we could secure that allocations are not done. I still need to figure out if it is allowed to perfrom detail allocations in case of reserverd locations. 
0 (0 Votes)
Replied: Apr 29, 2019
Votes
Phill Norrey
Phill
Replied 
Just remember that auto and manual sre two different processes.  As you are doing something manually it WILL allow the override but it will WRN the user.  Perhaps a modification to create a trigger is what you require
0 (0 Votes)
Replied: Apr 29, 2019
Forums
All
Forum Help
Help Using Forums