Views Reply Votes
Wojciech Sieron
Wojciech
Is there a way to define Pricelists for the Bill-to instead of Sold-to?
0 (0 Votes)
Posted: Dec 06, 2018   
Votes
Phill Norrey
Phill
Replied 
Use analysis codes to define groups by the bill-to,  Then when you create the order it will find the price based on the part/ bill-to(analysis code)
0 (0 Votes)
Replied: Dec 06, 2018
Votes
Wojciech Sieron
Wojciech
Replied 
Thank you Fill! Looks like that would solve it
0 (0 Votes)
Votes
Phill Norrey
Phill
Replied 
Sorry missed a step.  After you have created the analysis code you set up the price list by the analysis code instead of by customer.  NOTE remember that QAD uses best pricing so make sure you test out this as a what if to ensure it does not link to a different lower price.  When I run the what if I always set it to show all selections
0 (0 Votes)
Votes
Balakrishna Samuga
Balakrishna
Replied 

This  is tricy situation. 

Analysis code has bill-to option. However, it picks up the BEST PRICING logic and if SOLD-TO price is lesser than BILL-TO, it will pickup the sold-to pricelist. 

Also, system has "Manual PriceList" in Sales Order Maintenance.  This will NOT override the best pricing logic. It will be part of best pricing and system will pick the BEST out of all. 

Is it possible to provide a seperate wrapper program (mainly for third party Bill-To-pricelist)
which will run the same sales order program. However, it will have 2 add-on trigger logic. 
1)  When the user comes to the sales order line number field, the sold-to value is stored in another field and it is replaced by bill-to code.  By this change, the pricing logic for all the line items will work as per requirement which is for the bill-to code. 
2) Once they leave the line entry screen and before reaching the tax/trailer screen, the sold-to field is replaced back to it's original value. in that way, it can check the credit hold information etc and apply appropriate logic for the action status field. 

I know, it is not an standard solution. However, I think, with the wrapper trigger logic, it is workable solution.  
Any one has tried this approach ? Does it maintain the data integrity and updates all the tables accordingly ? 

0 (0 Votes)
Replied: Dec 14, 2018
Votes
Phill Norrey
Phill
Replied 
There are many ways to override the bill-to because of best pricing.  Which is why I suggested using the what if tool and making sure you set it to display all selected pricelists.  That way you can make sure it is using the best price with the bill to.  If not then you really need to clean up the others to exclude this bill-to if that is what you need.
0 (0 Votes)
Replied: Dec 16, 2018
Forums
All
Forum Help
Help Using Forums