Replied 
What do you mean with "broken"?
0 (0 Votes)
Replied: Feb 09, 2018
Votes
Cliff Bird
Cliff
Replied 

I get the error message "INVALID LOCATION TYPE FOR ITEM." During the PO process the item automatically starts in "location 10" (our whse) before going to location receive. For DO's, when confirming them the item automatically starts in "location 10" (our whse) before going to location intran-g. From what I have gathered, for location type to work every location along the path must have the same type, or word, in that field in location maintenance (80.3.13.1). But in that menu there is no "location 10" because it is our warehouse. So the PO and DO process is "broken" for lack of a better word because of this. If I go into location maintenance (1.1.18) I can use location type there but then all items in our whse 10 will be subject to it. What we want are location type fridge, freezer and everything else to start off with. The only way I have found to do this is create a second whse for fridge items and a third for freezer. But my superiors want to avoid this. Is there any way to do this in one warehouse? Does the above make sense? Not sure if you ever talk to anyone on here but if you do I am fine with that. 

Also i have gotten with QAD support to no avail. This is possibly my last hope. 

0 (0 Votes)
Replied: Feb 09, 2018
Votes
Raymond Chin Kwie Joe
Raymond
Replied 
hmm, there are too many questions in this message. One of them is related to the (put away?) of purchase orders and the other one about the CONCEPTUAL design of a Warehouse. 1. You need to check how your items will be "put away", the route. On the other hand it is still very difficult to decide (with this information) if this is a bug or a "good thing" because the location type should match the item location type. 2. The conceptual design of the "model" in QAD, it should "match physical reality" in order to control warehousing operation. You should check the definition of a Warehouse to see if you must setup a new warehouse in QAD or a different Storage Area etc.. Make your choices carefully or you risk losing the "touch with reality" betweeen the QAD model and the Users who must control the "real" warehouse. You should avoid ending up with users who have to "do things" in QAD while nothing happens in reality. 
0 (0 Votes)
Replied: Feb 13, 2018
Votes
John Ruch
John
Replied 
If inspection required is set to yes for an item then it will be trasnferred to the inspection location set in the purchasing control file upon receipt instread of the default item location. If you have specified a location type then this may be your issue as all items will use the same purchasing control file inspection location 
0 (0 Votes)
Replied: Feb 19, 2018
Votes
Raymond Chin Kwie Joe
Raymond
Replied 
@John: I was not sure that the Purchase Control file location would overrule the warehousing location functionality. I thought you had to define a Location Group with locations for inspection. Do you know how this should function?
0 (0 Votes)
Replied: Feb 19, 2018
Votes
Raymond Chin Kwie Joe
Raymond
Replied 
@Cliff: looking at your original question. I think you may want a different "zone" or Storage Location Group (SLG) in your storage area -FREEZER-. As a result you will have one warehouse but there are more storage areas. This is were you will have to start reading the warehouse manual. Put algorirtms should be designed to "put" special kind of goods in the correct SLG.
0 (0 Votes)
Replied: Feb 20, 2018
Votes
John Ruch
John
Replied 
Hi Raymond - Are you referring to AIM when you mention location groups? I don't see that option. In 2008SE the inspection location defaults on the PO if inspection is required regardless of the default location in Item inventory Data.
0 (0 Votes)
Votes
Raymond Chin Kwie Joe
Raymond
Replied 

Note that you have multiple zones (SLG) for (in this example) different types of UM. As far as I can remember you can also set this up for different kind of storage types. That would mean that you can route frozen goods to the frozen SLG and the other goods to the room temperature SLG. See drawing below. Various zones in the storage are.

0 (0 Votes)
Forums
All
Forum Help
Help Using Forums