Wendy Hertzfeld
Wendy
Work Order for a Component/Raw Material
Posted: May 13, 2020   
Votes
Phill Norrey
Phill
Replied 

Can you print out 23.16 the next time you see this.  That is a great place to start 

Replied: May 14, 2020
Votes
Wendy Hertzfeld
Wendy
Replied 

We have looked at the 23.16 screen and all it lists is the work order that is being generated.

Votes
Phill Norrey
Phill
Replied 

I would try to do a rebuild.  Under the MRP menu go to option 23.25 and I think it is option 1 rebuild MRP, then run 36.25.15, followed by 36.25.17.  Finally run a full regen and see if you still have the record.  I would recommend that you set up this process to run at least once a month as it clears out "unwanted" records

Votes
Wendy Hertzfeld
Wendy
Replied 

Phil,

I just ran through the steps that you suggested and it did not remove the planned work orders for the raw material.  If you have any other suggestions, I am open to trying just about anything right now since I can't figure out why QAD is planning a work order for a raw material instead of a finished good.

Votes
Phill Norrey
Phill
Replied 

MRP will create work orders for Purchased parts as planned orders.  They dissapear as soon as you create the PO.  But I assume your issue is you do not have any demand for this part.  Could you show a screenshot of 23.16 for the part.  If you cannot show it here email it to me at phill_norrey@yahoo.com

Replied: May 15, 2020
Forums
All
Forum Help
Help Using Forums