Views Reply Votes
Dimitrije Pesic
Dimitrije
Is there a way to change default channel in Sales order maintenance?
Posted: Apr 30, 2020   
Votes
Phill Norrey
Phill
Replied 

No.  but the field so_channel is set to use generalized codes.  so if you set up a list of them in GC but make sure you DO NOT set up a blank option.  Then the system will stop you at that field automatically.  If you made 10 the first option then it would be easy to pick

Replied: Apr 30, 2020
Votes
Dimitrije Pesic
Dimitrije
Replied 

Hello thank you very much for answering, I think this is a viable option for us.

Votes
Dimitrije Pesic
Dimitrije
Replied 

After checking once again it seems that I cannot just remove the blank opton as our Sales Accounts are all set with blank channel in Sales Account Maintenance.

Is there some other way to approach this, a colleague of mine mentioned something such as Tailor Pro.

Votes
Phill Norrey
Phill
Replied 

Yep, that is a problem.  Normally what I advise people is to have a non-blank option maybe ZZZZ.  this way you don't need to have the blank and even if someone pulls up the list it is always at the bottom, so that it is not selected as a default.  And then create the Sales Accounts with a channel of ZZZZ.  So you have 3 options.  First is to create a new set of Sales Accounts, which would not be that difficult as you could create a CIM load to create the new ones.  Option 2 would be to create a "wrapper" program that sits on top of the Sales Order Program to set the default to 10.  Finally you could look at a pacjkage like Tailor Pro.  However, this is probably the most costly but gives you the most flexibility

Votes
Phill Norrey
Phill
Replied 

Also you said that all your sales accounts are set up with a blank channel, so if you do set it up as 10 it would not use these and just default back to the standard sales accounts from the product line.  Do you have Sales Accounts set up for all your channel codes?

Forums
All
Forum Help
Help Using Forums