Karen Wilson
Karen
Credit Holds/SO Dates
Posted: Feb 24, 2020   
Votes
Phill Norrey
Phill
Replied 

Firstly it sounds like you have your customers set with no credit so it will go on hold.  But the way QAD works is that it will apply the credit rules every time you go into the order.  So if finance release it and then you go back in and say change a date it will automatically run the credit check again, Have you considered setting up ATP?  That way the system will automatically push the order out during SO creation if you do not have enough inventory.  The way ATP works is dependent upon the version of QAD you are running.

Replied: Feb 24, 2020
Votes
Karen Wilson
Karen
Replied 

No, all of our customers have credit lines but corporate keeps a strict watch on payments and orders that exceed the line. We understand that each time we touch the order it will go back on hold. I'm not familiar with how ATP works. I assume you mean available to promise and I would certainly be interested in learning more about that if you can point me to the literature. However, this specific inquiry has more to do with: the product is in stock and the line is dated to ship today but the line is on hold. Credit releases the line tomorrow. We can ship tomorrow but that line will show that we missed our due date because it was to ship today. If planning goes into to change the date to tomorrow so they don't show as "late" it starts the whole hold process again. We were curious if there was a program that could push the date out but not cause the hold. Thanks,

Votes
Phill Norrey
Phill
Replied 

I understood what your problem is and as QAD does not have a function like that it will continue to cause you isses.  I woul dcreate a simple browse that shipping manager can use.  It should jsut show the orders that are on hold that are say due to be shipped within the next few days.  Then each morning a quick look at this would tell me which orders to concentrate on.  If I know I need to change the dat then do that first.  then call finance when you are ready to print the shipper.  And as soon as they release the hold you need to print the shipper.  Sorry not elegant but without modification the easiest way to "control" it.

Votes
Mark Garnett
Mark
Replied 

I too would suggest Avaiable To Promise; this will check inventory available and make a suggested date accordingly.  Ie can be immediate if one hand (and free), or in future if more expected soon, or the default lead time if no availability.

But this doesnt really solve your issue of repeat on-hold everytime sales order maintenance is used for any admin.

So I have a couple of thoughts:

1) is to use sales order quotes.  The squote ales screen look exacly like sales order maintenance but dont actually have a hold status.  This allows a holding space while everyone checks the availability and comes up with an agreebale due date.  Then confirm and only have to take off hold once.

2) is to adapt the credit limit review process.  If the order is (say) £1000 over their current limit, instead of just reviewing and approving it, why not increase their limit by £1000 and approve?  THis way it wont trigger further over-limit holds (until other orders are added).  Even then, if the next order is also approved, then add that value to the limit.  The one disadvantage is after the order is shipped and the customer had paid, the increased limit remains (unless you review and reduce it back down again) but you could argue the customer is now more credit worthy having just paid for goods over their previous limit.

Hope the above ideas are food for thought.

Replied: Mar 15, 2020
Forums
All
Forum Help
Help Using Forums