Krystian Nowaczyk
Krystian
Detail allocation
Posted: Jan 22, 2020   
Votes
Phill Norrey
Phill
Replied 

What version of QAD are you using.  How are you changing status and which program are you using to issue/receive the order and not sure what you mean by "flag is ONor OFF in Work Order Bill Maintenance"  Which flag are you refering to?.  However, based on your description I think the issue is that you are moving the WO to A.  This checks the inventory and at the time of the issue if you didn't have any of the phantom it would bypass and go to the components.  So even if you now have inventory of the phantom when you release the order it will ignore them as you have created the allocations against the components.

Replied: Jan 23, 2020
Votes
Krystian Nowaczyk
Krystian
Replied 

Hello Phill

I am using QAD 2014 SE.

I am changing status using Master Schedule Order Maint (22.13 or 16.1)

When you open Work Order Bill Maintenance (16.13.1)  you will reach componets fields to be change one of them is "Detail Allocation"

(Quote from QAD help "There are two types of allocations: general and detail. General allocations allocate the required quantity of an item. Detail allocations specify the site, location(s), lot/serial number(s), and lot reference(s) from which that quantity is to be allocated.")

Generally it should works as QAD stated. Phantom first then higher level. I am using phantom flag in Item planning maintenance (1.4.7) to manage running change components.

Going from F to A (WO status) (MRP create P than I manualy change status to A) everything is according to QAD functionality phantom components are allocated (they are on stock of course) but releasing them (R) QAD loosing previouse allocation ("forget" about phantom components which A status had) and releasing higher level components doing mess in inventory during backflushing.

Regards

Krystian

Replied: Jan 23, 2020
Votes
Phill Norrey
Phill
Replied 

Why are you manually allocating parts?  Normal process is either P for MRP order or F for a manual order, or the firming of a P.  BUT at this point the BOM is not fixed to the WO.  By taking it directly to A you explode the BOM to the WO and create a general allocation.  Normally you would not do this, you would leave the order af F until you are ready to start and then run the Release/Print (16.6)  This will do the detailed allocation and print the paperwordk for you.  And as long as you follow this process it will always select the phantom if you have any, but will go to the components if you do not.  Now, the only reason it would not allocate phantoms, even if you had some on hand is if you marked the BOM as a type X for the component which makes it a local phantom at does not use phantom use up logic.

Replied: Jan 24, 2020
Votes
Krystian Nowaczyk
Krystian
Replied 

Hello Phill.

Thanks for helping me.

I am not doing any manully allocations. System takes care about it but in some cases wrongly?. I am not using X type at all. I am aware of QAD funtcionality but can not understand - let say -system "malfunction". Every words you said is obvious for me and I am doing like you do but somehow it goes wrong.

Phantoms are bad.

I need to go to Santa Barbara and find the answer...:)

Regards and have a good days guys

K

Replied: Jan 24, 2020
Forums
All
Forum Help
Help Using Forums