Francis Malengier
Francis
Received items only available after X days
Posted: Oct 25, 2019   
Votes
Phill Norrey
Phill
Replied 

For purchase parts you have two choices.  If you set then to Inspect = YES and set the Inspection LT to say 3 days, MRP will offset the due date and bring the goods in early.  You can achieve the same with Safety LT.  When you receive them put them into a location that has a status that does not allow it to be issued to a WO or a Sales Order.  Then once they are available just move them into a regular location

Replied: Oct 25, 2019
Votes
Francis Malengier
Francis
Replied 

Hi Phill,

thank you for the reply. These options I know, The issue is mainly when the goods are received.

If i.e. it takes a week before I can use them in production, I can't have this 'availability ' date in QAD. 

That is what I ment with needing something that acts like the due date of a purchase order. 

Once I received the goods, I can receive them on a location that is nettable or not, but that only makes them available 

or not available for MRP. 

What we need is, when the goods are received today, MRP should see thay will be available in 7 days. 

kr,

Francis

Replied: Oct 28, 2019
Votes
Phill Norrey
Phill
Replied 

OK.  Understood.  This type of functionality does not exist in QAD. But have you considered as treating it as Consignment?  The issue you need to be aware of is that by not having is visible to MRP for those 5 days could cause you other issues.  For example as you have received the PO your QOO would have gone down and MRP would be trying to get you to place an order to replace it.  If I remember correctly with consignment you can set the number of days (aging).  Then use the Aging Inventory update to transfer ownership to you.  However, the down side to this approach is that the actual receipt for payment to the supplier is not made until they are transferred to yourself.

Replied: Oct 30, 2019
Forums
All
Forum Help
Help Using Forums