Vinh Nguyen
Vinh
Work Order Issue
Posted: Oct 18, 2019   
Votes
Phill Norrey
Phill
Replied 

This is not a rework Order.  A rework order is used to make an item from itself.  In your case just create a W/O for B and set the status to R.  Even though there is no BOM you can still then go into the WO and issue component A or C to the WO and then just receipt B

Replied: Oct 21, 2019
Votes
Mark Garnett
Mark
Replied 

It is unclear from your question if there is any work performed to convert A into B  
or if it is just your customer who orders using part number B but really it is the same item as A
so you just need to have inventory of the part number so that you can pick and ship.

If there is work to convert A into B, then Phil's answer applies (or another possibility with a skilled user
(or wrap via QXtend) is to use the reciept-backwards-explode fucntion menu 3.12 that will allow you to receipt B
and consum A in one transaction, no need for a work order).

If there is no work to be done, and they are really different identies for the same item,
then items B does not need to exist.  Instead you should set up custmer-item cross references.
then when you enter B on the sale order (or quote), the customer-item will lookup the intenral item code (A) and
keep both on the sales order/invoice. The pick list will prompt to pick A but the shipping document/ASN
and invoice will show the customer's item (B).

Replied: Oct 24, 2019
Votes
Vinh Nguyen
Vinh
Replied 

Dear Phill, Mark

Let me make this case clear.

- A is a finished goods

- B, C, D, etc. are also finished goods

- A can be used to produce B, then B can be used to produce C, C can be used to produce D, etc.

- However, we do not allow to the reverse processes. We do not allow to use D to produce C, B or A. We do not allow to use C to produce B or A, etc.

- The user cannot set up BOM for such items because they are unforeseen.

- The user do not want to do unplanned transactions, so they choose to create a REWORK work order to process these items.

- For example: To produce B:

·          They create a R work order for B

·          Then issue component A and other materials if required

·          Next, to produce C, they create another R work order for C, then issue component B and other materials if required, etc.

User Requirement: They want the system to automatically prevent users from issuing D, C, B to produce A. The action is expected to be taken at WO Component Issue step.

Do you have any solution for this case?

Thank you for your support.

Votes
Phill Norrey
Phill
Replied 

OK Much clearer now.  I assume that for example D already has a BOM for regular production.  But if required it can be made from C but no other part..  I (AsI said earlier) would NOT use rework order as that has an effect on accounting as well.  What I would do is use 13.1 to create a new BOM Code say "D-C" and then use 13.5 to set up a BOM with D-C as the parent and C as the Component.  you would then use 13.15 to set up  D-C as an alternate BOM for Parent D.  Now on the occasion that I need to make D from C I would just create a regular WO for D but then enter D-C in the BOM Code field.  You cannot restrict someone issuing other parts during 16.10 but this way you would have the bom set up quickly.  You could also do the same for the routing as I assume you would have a different routing if you make it from c rather than regular production. 

Votes
Vinh Nguyen
Vinh
Replied 

Thanks Phill and Mark for kindly comments!

Replied: Nov 27, 2019
Forums
All
Forum Help
Help Using Forums