Daniel Tellez
Daniel
Role permission maintain errors on Localizations after finpatch15 installed
Posted: Jul 23, 2013   
Votes
Patricia Gallagher
Patricia
Replied 
Hi Daniel, In Menu System Maintenance, can you advise how this menu is defined for 54.24. What is the Exec Procedure? Also, (may not be related but ...) can you confirm that the System Synch was run after the patch was installed? Thanks! Tricia
Replied: Jul 24, 2013
Votes
Daniel Tellez
Daniel
Replied 
Hi Tricia. good day. The customer indicates he ran System Synchronize after applying finpatch15. Menu System Maintenance for 54.24 is detailed in Q1025077 attached file errorQAD.docx, it was uploaded by the customer. I replicated the issue locally, here is my Menu System Maintenance for 54.24. I get the same error after applying finpatch15 Note.- Then i applied finpatch17, same result. I also ran System Synchronize in both cases. It occurs both on 2011+ and on 2012EE Note.- The problem seems to arise when Exec program name starts with numbers. I checked BLF-3794, it introduces a change to verify structure. ┌─────────────────────────────────── │ Language ID: us english (U.S.) │ Menu: 54 Argentinean Localizations │ │ Selection: 24 └─────────────────────────────────── ┌─────────────────────────────────── │ Label: FicheroArg │ Name: │Exec Procedure: 54ctrl5.p └─────────────────────────────────── Thanks a lot Daniel
Replied: Jul 24, 2013
Votes
Patricia Gallagher
Patricia
Replied 
Hi Daniel, I do not think that this was intended behavior by BLF-3794. There is a query not introduced by BLF-3794 which is executed which checks for menu folders. We include any menu where mnd.exec >= 0 (and few other criteria) as a folder. So, this menu for 54ctrl5.p is being considered a folder and the new logic for BLF-3794 is throwing an error since as a menu, the definition is invalid. I would suggest to analyze and submit to T3 for fixing. Thanks, Tricia
Replied: Jul 25, 2013
Forums
All
Forum Help
Help Using Forums