Send MRP planned Purchase Orders via EMT
0 (0 Votes)
Posted: Jun 19, 2017   
Votes
Christian Meisel
Christian
Replied 

Hi Romoualdas;

what you want to do is exactly what EMT does, this is the good news.

And you are talking about subsidiaries in one company group and all companies running QAD.

There are rules for the setup like supplier article No, and at the end the process of delivery you have to take care about.

EMT is not very good in tracking/follow up changes of delivery dates from the SBU (secondary Business Unit)=your supplier.

If the SBU (your supplier) just confirms your PO date - perfect! If they change "delivery" date once  also OK.

If you have frequent changes, you have to take care about these orders, but in any case the SO in the SBU is created automaticly.

If you would like to know just let me know.

Christian

0 (0 Votes)
Replied: Jun 20, 2017
Votes
Romualdas Laurinavicius
Romualdas
Replied 

Hi Christian,

thank you for your thorough answer. I have one more thing :)

After reading the documentation available on EMT, I got doubts that MRP Planned Orders and manually entered Purchase Orders can be exported as EMT POs. In the documentation it says that the process has to start from a customer order, which is then turned into a purchase order. However, I am not really that interested in this part, I am more interested in creating Purchase Orders manually or approving them from MRP, and then importing them as Sales Order in other subsidiary companies.

Can you please confirm that MRP planned / manually entered Purchase Order can be "turned" into EMT purchase orders.

I really appreciate your help.

0 (0 Votes)
Replied: Jun 21, 2017
Votes
Phill Norrey
Phill
Replied 

Romualdas.  You have hit upon the missing feature but if you think about EMT it's real purpose is to allow a secondary business unit to make and even direct ship to your customer.  The key being that it is for your CUSTOMER.

What you need is a similar process to this but designed for just stock movements.  QAD usually handle this through Distribution Orders but distribution orders are really for sites within the same country/entity as they do not produce the neccessary paperwork for the transactions.

What I would do is treate your secondary site as just a regular supplier and set up EDI to allow fo rthe creation of the order.  Then on the secondary site you would import the EDI signal and create it as a Sales Order, in other words the secondary site has to treate you as a customer.

If you do not use EDI then you would just need a programmer to create the export file from Site 1 and an import file for site 2

0 (0 Votes)
Votes
Romualdas Laurinavicius
Romualdas
Replied 

Hi Phill,

thank you for your answer. It cleared out all the doubts.

Romualdas

0 (0 Votes)
Forums
All
Forum Help
Help Using Forums